Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Kaohsiung; Taiwan 2014 - Exploring Kaohsiung

Finally on my Taiwan 2014 post!
I've separated into 4 blog posts for this Taiwan travelogue.
Not much to cover actually but I'll try to provide as much info as I can remember since the trip was a year ago.

I've been to Taiwan a few times and last year November was the first time I stepped into Kaohsiung City.
To Kaohsiung, we took HSR from Taoyuan to Zuoying, which is the last stop.
The fee is NT1410 (Est S$64) which expensive but its the shortest route.
It took about 1hr 30mins to reach.



Bought 便当 (convenient food) from 7-11 to eat during the long trip.


Also my fave liptop milk tea!
They have new flavors and I bought this British Milk Tea which has nice packaging.


Its the first time I saw vending machine in the train. :X

From Zuoying, you can take their metro which is called the Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Corp (KRTC).
It is very accessible.
We took the metro to Formosa Boulevard station to our hotel.

When we were out of the metro, we saw this Dome Of Light.
Many tourists were taking photo of this.


So we walked down like 2 streets before we reached our hotel.
We stayed Kindness Hotel Qixian.
I think the hotel is nice.
They provide many free facilities which I think its worthy.
Moreover Liuhe Night Market (六合夜市) is so near the hotel.





This is our complimentary dinner in the hotel.
Normally we only heard of complimentary breakfast, but we had supper!

This is our complimentary breakfast in the hotel.


So in Kaoshiung, there are 2 night markets that are popular, one is Liuhe Night Market (六合夜市) and the other one is Ruifeng Night Market (瑞丰夜市).
In my opinion, Liuhe night market is smaller than Ruifeng Night Market.
Ruifeng Night Market is much like Shilin Night Market.


Had watermelon milkshake from this stall which much raved from the web. Hence decided to try it.


Also, tried the quail eggs with prawn.
Cannot remember the taste already.



Ruifeng Night Market is also very very crowded.
I remember I done some shopping there and I bought a bag.

I think we bought some food to try but I am not sure why i only took this fried onion rings.
I like the crispiness outside but doesn't like the taste of the whole onion in the inside.

Amazed to see Cookie Run plushies.
One of my fave game in app store. :D


BF and I just spent 3D2N in Kaohsiung.
We didnt do much in the first day, but on the second day, we went Jing Yuen Leisure Farm and Dream Mall.
I will do 2 posts on that soon.
So ciao~


No comments: