Sunday, March 08, 2015

Queensland - Gold Coast 2014 - Surfers' Paradise

Gold Coast was the first out of Asia country that I travel last July..
For the 7D6N, I spent with one of my ex-colleague (QW) whom was my travel partner.

For Singaporean. traveling to Australia needs to apply for VISA.
For your info, you can Google and search for applying Visa online for Singaporean.
I remembered I did it online for just $10, hassle free and fast.

QW and I traveled by Scoot (price at about $556 per pax) and we took the night flight.
Night flight is really a torture to me!
I can't sleep well throughout the flight.
When we touched down Gold Coast, it was about 8am+ (Australia time zone is 2 hours ahead of Singapore).
First, we went to the information counter to get the maps and buy the Translink which is our EZ-link card.
Then we went to get Optus Data card.




From the airport, we took bus 777 and stopped at Broadbeach south station where our apartment was located.
Actually, when we reached the bus station, we were quite lost and couldn't find our apartment.
So I've to quickly activate my data card to call the owner and also to use GPS to find place.
I think we wasted about 30mins go around the area.
Even the people staying the place couldn't help us.
Luckily, we still found our way at the end of the day.

We stayed at Surfers' Beach Resort One.



After settling down, we got out to the city centre to for lunch and grocery shopping.
From our apartment to the central area is a 15-20mins long walk.

Had lunch at some western shop.


We went Woolworth for buy groceries.
They would be food for the rest of our stay in Gold Coast since eating out is very expensive.
We bought many stuff including bottled water, milk, etc...
Imagine the 2 of us carrying the heaviest groceries back to our apartment!
I wished during this journey there's someone could help us back!




After settling down for the second time, we decided to take a walk at the beach area.
Really beautiful place to be in - the blue sky, fluffy cloud, cooling wind, soft white powdery sands, the sea...










Accidentally caught a fading rainbow too. =D


Then both of us took a long walk down to Broadbeach Night market.













Then we also went to explore Cavill Mall and other area.







Saw this G:Link Tram which we first took it few days later.
Till date, I still don't know how to pay the fare.
Seems like other people also just board it without paying and no one check. Haha..




Going back to Broadbeach, we stayed awhile to enjoy the night before heading back to our apartment.




My first night dinner was maggie mee.
And I ate this for most of the days when I'm back there since I bought about 5packets.
Well I also made salad with penne so its not everyday 3 meals maggie mee. Haha~
Thinking back, I didn't eat rice for a week. =O



The next day, we went Movie World!
I will be back for this post.


No comments: