Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bread Making Class #3

I had my 3rd class of bread baking lesson.
And this time, our extra recipe is egg tarts.
When I posted that into my FB and Instagram, the egg tarts one got more likes. Haha~

1. Egg Tarts
2 separate mixture for egg tarts, one is the egg tarts pastry and the other one is the egg tart custard.
Easy to make, just that the pastry dough to stick to the cup is a little trouble to do.
Maybe its just me, no skill. :p

Anyway, this popular egg tarts that I gotten only Veron and my mum got to taste it. Lucky them. Hahaha..



Freshly out of the oven.
I could see the custard was still "cooking".
We had to let me settle down before eating.

2. Astragalus Longan Roll
Our teacher soaked the dried longan with rum for this.
Well, I guess not many people would appreciate the taste of these.

My mum told me something funny.
Because I told her that this was made with rum, so she didn't want my dad to have it (since he's driving).
My dad was so unhappy, giving the buey song face, he told my grandma that my mum didn't want my dad to have it.
Ended up, my mum tasted it and find that its okay so she let him take to work. LOL!
Damn cute lah~




I'm always amazed by the outcome of the fermentation.


3. Longan Cookies
Using the same dried logan soaked with rum, we made these cookie.
I guess it taste better though I only tried one small bite.



Bonus for us.
The teacher made the bread on previous night for us to eat. :D
Left is the wholemeal bread and the left is Ham with garlic bread.


Next week, would be the last class.
Not sure what extra thing will we be learning.
Looking forward. :D


No comments: