Thursday, June 19, 2014

South Korea - Exploring Gyeongbokgung Palace

Heyyy.. seems like I'm taking longer to blog.
Seeing the many many photos, really dread me from consolidating it.
Oh well, this gonna be a more photos and less words post on my 4th day in Korea..

Our morning breakfast at Dunkin Donuts.
Cant remember what I ordered but I remember it should be very tasty. Haha..





On this day, we decided to do palace visiting which I think its a must for a tourist attraction to get to know the Korea culture.
There are actually 5 Royal palaces in Seoul - Gyeonghuigung Palace, Deoksugung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace and Gyeongbokgung Palace.
We visited the largest Palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, which served as the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty.






The sun was very bright that I had to wear a pair of sunglasses.


Admission ticket cost KRW 3,000 per adult.



Bright sun is very bright that day.














Our #jumpshot


This guy in hanbok was roaming around so we ask for a photo with him. :D









Lovely yellow-leaves tree..




I guess this is the map of Gyeongbokgung Palace.
Really huge!


















There were this marching performance and we caught a glimpse of it.




Spot the bird. :p

Overall, it is a nice place to visit to get to know about the Korean culture.
I love watching Korean drama from the Joseon Dynasty and I bet this place is one of the filming ground for those drama.
Even though we didn't manage to go all the palace but its going to Gyeongbokgung is good enough.
In future, if I ever go back again, I hope to check out other palaces. :)

On the next post, we headed to Namsan tower..
Be sure to check back. :)

No comments: