Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Made Kimbap (김밥)



Been wanting to try making Kimbap (Korean 'Sushi') after I tried once few months ago.
My ex-colleague's wife made this and it was so tasty!

Bought the ingredients few days ago and decided to make it this morning.
I seldom cook so my family always thought I cannot cook. =(
Even bf oso see me down when he asked if my sisiter will be helping me with the cooking or not. Damn sad lah~
So I sort of proof them that I can cook lah..



Seaweed come with a roll ($11)


Carrot ($0.90)


Chinese Spinach ($1.55)


Pickled radish ($3.20) which I bought as Medi-Ya supermarket at Liang Court.
I'm not sure why Cold Storage, NTUC, Sheng Shiong and Giant doesn't sell it?


Imitation Crabsticks ($1.95)


Eggs
As for rice, I use Japanese rice or short grain rice which is use to make sushi.

Cooked all the above myself by following the instruction from the internet (reference below of the post).


The difficult part is here when I have to roll the kimbap.
The first roll was too thick as I put too much rice. Haha~


And here is my final.
I made a lot of it for my family and boyfriend.
I think it still passable just that the rice is too bland because I didn't put salt. D;
Will make a better one next time. ;)


Reference : http://topchefkorea.com/2011/04/05/kimbap/

No comments: