Sunday, November 04, 2012

Taipei; Taiwan 2012--- Chiang Kai Shek (CKS) Memorial (中正紀念堂)

Hi, this is the last attraction post while I was in Taipei with my family this April.
So one of the days when we were in Taipei, i brought my mum and sis to Chiang Kai Shek (CKS) Memorial (中正紀念堂).
The place covers a history of Mr Chiang Kai Shek (蒋中正).






CKS Memorial Hall "on my head".


One more! Actually my sis is photobombing behind me.
However, my camera decided not to focus her.. LOL~






The architectural of the buildings are very well designed.


Even the green patch of grass at the side looks so pretty~


Lai, I must take a pretty pic here too. :p
You can see that I put minimum make up and without contact lens here.


Walking closer to the memorial hall.

Then I saw my Sis doing something in the lion's mouth.
She's actually playing/touching the stone ball inside the guardian lion's mouth which said to give good luck?




So, I also want to play with it.
Me want good luck too! Hehehe..


Ok, climbing up the stairs to the top!




Its actually 3 storey high if i am not wrong.
Because there's lift downward to other storey to see the other historic stuff and also paintings.


Overlooking the place from the Memorial Hall at the top.
Pretty isn't it?


Left side.


Right side.



When we went inside, we saw 2 soldiers guarding the place and were standing stationary.
Many people crowding around and taking photos with the soldiers.
Every hour they would changed shift.
I feel that standing about 45 mins (15 minutes of marching to change the guard) not moving is quite a tough job. =/








And this is the statue of Mr. Chiang Kai Shek.




Don't really understand the meaning of the Chinese sentence but still that its quite meaningful.


Taiwan flag logo at the ceiling.


The soldiers marching in to change shift.

Here's the video below that I took.
Sorry for the bad video quality because my camera died on me when I wanted to video it so when the soldiers was coming out (as shown in the above photos) I didn't manage to capture it.
By the way, their marching pattern are so different from ours.



FYI, the opening hours of the CKS Memorial Hall.
There's no entrance fee needed to visit the place.


Ok, ending this post now.
Bye.

No comments: